Testing and Consultancy Services is able to carry out all your aggregate testing requirements to include physical, mechanical and chemical properties.
We can attend your site to carry out on-site sampling from your stockpiles of material or we can collect your pre-bagged samples from your site or office location.
Once sampled our permanent laboratories based in Woking and Birmingham are able to provide a comprehensive range of tests on the material.
- Moisture content
- Particle density and water absorption Bulk density
- Particle size distribution
- Uniformity coefficient
- Flakiness index
- Shape index
- Shell content
- Aggregate crushing value
- Ten per cent fines – dry and soaked Aggregate impact value – dry and soaked
- Frost heave
- Constituent materials in recycled aggregate and recycled concrete aggregate
- Resistance to fragmentation by the Los Angeles test method
- Water content
- Polished stone value
- Aggregate abrasion value
- Magnesium sulfate test (excluding simple petrographical description)
- Drying shrinkage
- Optimum moisture content maximum dry density relationship
- Petrographic description